Thursday, October 11, 2007

David Schloss - CEO/Founder of Beach Audio

Imagine my surprise when a little Google action turned up the direct contact info for Bitch Audio's CEO and Founder.

Here's the first e-mail I sent trying to resolve this issue;

Dear Mr. Schloss,

I am writing to you because I have been unable to resolve an order issue with your customer service department, Kris Freeman in particular.

Here's the issue; On September 28, I purchased a Pentax K100D/1855 6.1 MegaPixel Digital SLR Camera with 2.5" LCD AND 18-55mm Zoom lens with Shake Reduction.

That same day, I received an e-mail confirmation from your company stating that I was being sent the above item. I will forward this to you shortly. Your company charged me $488.44 (with expedited shipping as I am getting married THIS WEEKEND). When the package arrived, it contained only the camera body. When I called your company to check on the problem, Courtney in customer service told me that it was a mistake and I could send the camera back for a refund. I explained that I needed a camera for this weekend (my wedding reception) and could she please just send the lens as advertised (and confirmed via an e-mail from Beach Audio - again, I will forward this e-mail shortly). I was told that was impossible because the lens only comes in a kit. This has been confirmed as NOT true by several local Pentax retailers (17th Street Photo, B&N, etc.). I then asked to speak with Courtney's supervisor.

After about 12 minutes on hold Kris Freeman got on the phone and began to explain the ASIN issues, etc. I stopped him, because as a consumer, it is really irrelevant why it happened. I just wanted what your company advertised and what I paid for. After another 5-7 minutes of back and forth, Kris asked if he could check on 'what he could do for me' and call me back. I cautiously agreed. A half an hour later he called back to tell me that Beach Audio would be e-mailing me a UPS return label (the same thing Courtney told me 40 minutes earlier). Again, I stressed how important it was for me to resolve this issue QUICKLY (wedding, reception, etc.). Kris Freeman told me that he would start the refund process the minute UPS had the package. Well, UPS had the package on 10.02.07. When I e-mailed Kris Freeman, he told me he would 'try' to confirm receipt and that the contents were all there (I assure you they are) before begining the refund process.

It is now 10.11.07 and I have yet to hear back from Mr. Freeman. I am sure you'll agree that this is not a very high level of customer service.

I hope that you can see that I as the consumer did nothing wrong here. I simply clicked on the purchase link and paid your company (you) my $488.44 to get a camera that your company (you) advertised. I am being penalized for your company's mistake. All I ask is for a timely refund. This has been going on for a week now and I will not have the funds back in my account in time to purchase a camera before my wedding. I figured I could trust Beach Audio because of your user testimonies, etc. I have had the exact opposite experience with Beach Audio and will be hard pressed to do business with you again.

Oh, and by the way, I found the camera AND LENS at 17th Street Photo here in NYC for $10 dollars less than your advertised price. Of course I can't buy it until your company refunds my money.

I hope as CEO and founder of Beach Audio, you can see your way clear to have your customer service reps answer e-mails in a timely fashion and process my refund as promised by Kris Freeman.

Thanks you for your attention to this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Xxxxxx X. Xxxxx

You can contact David Schloss directly at Dave @BeachAudio.com, or by phone at 310/937-8914.

Tune in to see what comes of this, the first of many pestering e-mails I plan on sending to this joker.

No comments: