Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Why I hate BeachAudio.com

I started this blog because I am sick and tired of online 'retailers' scamming customers via Amazon.com's Marketplace. I ordered a Pentax K100D DSLR camera from this 'company'. The Amazon listing clearly stated "Pentax K100D 6.1 MP Digital SLR Camera Shake Reduction AND 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens". That is what I added to my cart. That is what my credit card was charged and that is what is listed on both of my order confirmations. I paid an extra $30 for expedited shipping (I have my wedding reception coming up very shortly). When the camera arrived, I was shocked to find only the camera body - no lens.

When I called this 'company', the customer service drone (her name was Courtney) was anything but helpful. She stated, "Oh, that was a mis-listing. You can buy the lens at an additional cost." When I asked if they were planning on ever notifying me, she said, "Yeah, I guess we should have e-mailed you." Ya think? I asked to speak to her supervisor.

After a good 10 minutes on hold (classy move Bitch Audio.com), I was greeted by Kris Freeman, who is perhaps the single WORST customer service manager I have ever encountered. He (yeah, his name is spelled like a girl's name) started to explain that Amazon listed the wrong ASIN and that they (Bitch Audio.com) were not responsible for the error. I stopped him because why it happened is really quite irrelevant. I paid for a camera body and lens and was charged for the camera body and lens but only received the camera body. All of this a week before my wedding reception...

Kris(sy) Freeman at Bitch Audio spent the next fifteen minutes explaining why he could not make this right. I am in sales and if one of my customers called with a complaint of this nature, I would bend over backwards to 'make it right'. Kris(sy) Freeman, on the other hand, chose to blame me - he said I should have known better ordreing a camera over the internet, and to blame Amazon.com. When I reminded him that Bitch Audio.com sent me a confirmation as well, he said, "Well, I guess we dropped the ball there". Ya think?

After another 15 or 20 minutes of back and forth and then a 20 minute wait while he "checked to see what he could do about the problem" I was told that I would be sent a return label and to send the camera back. Now I have to deal with UPS, pack up the box, and wait for another 10-12 days for a refund! Any comapany worth a damn would have sent me the camera that I ordered along with the retun label. Why am I, the customer, being forced to wait on them, the shitty retailer? They took my money and did not hold up their end of the bargain. After 6 days, I am back to square one - worse off actually, as I am now out 500 bucks while they wait for the return of their fuck up.

I would urge anyone considering doing business with this 'company' not to. They are not good business people and their customer service is basically a crock.

Again, Beach Audio.com basically pulled a bait and switch. It's an oldie but a goodie. Do not fall prey to these merchants.

Check back for updates - I wonder how long before I actually get my money back.

2 comments:

boleroid said...

my roommate during my freshman year of college was a guy named kris. the best part of this story is that it was short for kristin.

Shannon said...

When are you going to update your post? I want to know what happens next...